3 important things you to know about the importance of having a Will.
There are three things that I’m going to cover off in this video.
1) Common Scenarios
– The first thing to know about dying without a will is that the distribution of your estate is, of course, going to be very unclear. The default rules of the Wills Estates and Succession Acts are going to apply and so I’m going to cover off some of the common scenarios here.
2) The role of the administrator
– It can be very messy for your family that you’re leaving behind so they will need to go through a certain process to apply to the court and to provide notice to everybody else who also might be eligible to fulfill that role of an administrator so it can be a complex process and if there’s any kind of disagreement or dispute over who should be in the role of distributing your estate.
3) What to do about the uncertainty?
– It can create more confusion and it can create more disputes within the family that you’re leaving behind, so as I mentioned above the role of the administrator could be contested and who is a beneficiary of the estate that could also be contested as well.
If you have any questions about Wills or Estate Planning, feel free to leave a question below or contact me directly!
Please don’t forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel!