Steve isn’t your typical corporate lawyer!
Steve founded, grew and sold a vacation rental company prior to opening his own corporate and estate planning practice, Parr Business Law, in 2017. He’s an entrepreneur at heart, prides himself on practical and timely solutions and understands how essential it is to have highly responsive and skilled advisors for any businessperson. Nobody builds a successful company alone, and Steve is honoured to be a part of the journey for hundreds of business owners in BC. Steve and his team brings empathy, hard won expertise and fun to all of his client interactions.
- Called to the bar by the Law Society of British Columbia in 2015
- Top student in Contracts and Property Law, University of Victoria
- Winner, Negotiation Competition, University of Victoria
- Co-founded an entrepreneurial network of Vancouver small firm lawyers that has a thriving membership of 100
- Pursuing Trust and Estate Planner designation through the Society of Trust and Estate Planners
- Highly experienced in solicitor-side corporate law, shareholders’ agreements, corporate reorganizations, dispute resolution and estate planning
- French and Spanish speaking
Outside the office you’ll find Steve learning languages, playing Spikeball on the beach and surfing and getting after his next adventure and growth edge.
Ty moved to Vancouver from Edmonton in 2011 to complete his business degree, and later his Juris Doctor, at the University of British Columbia. While he remains loyal to his prairie roots back in ‘Berta, he loves the West Coast – the weather, the $6 pour-over coffees, and the chill Kitsilano yogi scene. Moreover, he gets a real kick out of the innovative and exciting business taking place in BC. He enjoys learning about clients’ business goals and personal goals and providing them with practical legal advice to get there. His own goals include fathering a French Bulldog and investing in a Vancouver property > 600 sqft.
What Ty’s colleagues at PBL have to say:
Ty delivers the perfect blend of practical business solutions with an exceptionally thorough and diligent approach to all of the projects he undertakes. Ty’s drafting and communication are crisp, clean and never miss a beat.
- JD, 2016, Peter A. Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia
- B.Comm, 2013, Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
- Lawyer in good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia since 2021
Patrick is the Operations Manager at Parr Business Law. Born and raised in Vancouver, BC, he loves Bernese Mountain Dogs, standup comedy, traveling, and everything related to investing. Patrick has a background in banking and real estate and joined Parr Business Law to pursue his passion for operations management and optimizing efficiency for businesses.
What Patrick’s colleagues at PBL have to say:
Patrick is an exceptionally well-organized, detail-oriented and very caring individual. His kindness radiates through every email and call!
- BBA, Business Management with Distinction 2020
- Previously worked at Scotiabank, City of Vancouver, and in property management.